- President of Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“It may surprise some of you to learn that the ACLU takes up 80 percent of all the pro-abortion cases in the Supreme Court. 80 percent! They have almost a monopoly on it. (…) [It] comes down to bucks, people. There is more money in it than some of the other things they look at. Partial birth abortion? ‘The kid is 80 percent born? Kill the kid.’ That is what the ACLU says.”
The Kennedy Commentary
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- President, Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, 1993-present
- College Professor, La Roche College,McCandless, Pennsylvania
- Board of Directors, National Association of Scholars
- Board of Advisers, Washington Legal Foundation, the Howard Center for Family, Religion & Society, Society of Catholic Social Scientists, Catholics United for the Faith, Ave Maria Institute, the Christian Film & Television Commission and Catholic War Veterans
- Recipient, St. Thomas More Award for Catholic Citizenship, Catholic Citizens of Illinois, 2005
- PhD, Sociology, New York University, 1980
- None found
- Quoted in: