- Senior Fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“[T]he ACLU consistently portrays itself… as if it is only concerned with protecting the ‘rule of law.’ The reality is quite different. The ACLU has worked diligently to undermine America’s stance in what was formerly known as the ‘war on terror,’ and has even been willing to disseminate propaganda on behalf of our jihadist enemies.
If you think this is hyperbole or an exaggeration, consider a video released by the ACLU earlier this month titled ‘Justice Denied: Voices from Guantanamo.’ As you would expect, the video portrays Gitmo in the worst possible light. But it goes well beyond any semblance of rational criticism. As Sahab, al Qaeda’s media arm, could very well have produced it. The short video is pure anti-American propaganda, starring men who have dedicated their lives to the jihadist cause.”
“Al Qaeda’s Civil Liberties Union,” weeklystandard.com, Nov. 17, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Senior Editor, Long War Journal, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Contributor, The Weekly Standard
- Senior Counterterrorism Adviser to Mayor Rudy Giuliani, 2008 presidential campaign
- Lincoln Fellow, Claremont Institute, 2006
- Former Trainer, Counterterrorism Division, FBI
- BA, Economics, University of Chicago
- Twitter handle: @thomasjoscelyn
- Has testified before Congress on 14 occasions, including before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, House Homeland Security Committee, House Foreign Affairs Committee, House Armed Services Committee and House Judiciary Committee
- Quoted in: