Steven A. Camarota, PhD Biography
Director of Research at the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS)
to the question
"Is the ACLU Good for America?"
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director of Research at the Center for Immigration Studies, Washington, D.C.
- Often testifies before Congress and has published widely on the political and economic effects of immigration on the United States
- Speaker, “The Immigration Debate: The Dream Act
and Amnesty as Policy Questions” for Public Affairs Week at Baruch College, New York, Mar. 21, 2007
- His articles on the impact of immigration have appeared in Social Science Quarterly, The Washington Post, The Chicago Tribune, and National Review
- He has appeared on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, NBC Nightly News, and ABC World News Tonight
- PhD, Public Policy Analysis, University of Virginia
- MA, Political Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Quoted in:
Is Illegal Immigration an Economic Burden to America?