- Judge for the US District Court of Northern California
- None Found to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
No position found as of Feb. 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Judge, US District Court, Northern District of California, 2000-present
- US Magistrate Judge, US District Court for the Northern District of California, 1991-2000
- Court commissioner, Municipal Court, Oakland-Piedmont-Emeryville Judicial District, 1985-1991
- Administrative Judge, US Merit Systems Protection Board, San Francisco Regional Office, CA, 1980-1985
- Manager, EEO Programs, Farinon Electric Corporation, 1980
- Deputy public defender, Office of the Public Defender, CA, 1976-1980
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 1976
- BA, Stanford University, 1974
- None found
- Quoted in: