- Former Senior Writer for Salon.com
- Pro to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“In this evangelical climate, I suspect many students who practice minority religions, or no religion at all, are made to feel far more alienated than when I was in school during the 80s and 90s. Nevertheless, when schools have stopped kids from engaging in religious speech — say, not letting them hand out religious tracts at lunch — the ACLU has stepped in to defend them, and they’ve been correct to do so. Liberalism, at its best, stands for free speech, even when that speech is annoying.”
Huffingtonpost.com, June 30, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former Senior Writer, Salon.com
- Freelance writer, Rolling Stone, The New York Observer, New York, In These Times, The New Republic online, The UK Guardian, The Utne Readerand Newsday
- Former teacher, New York University’s Graduate School of Journalism
- Former columnist, San Francisco Bay Guardian and Shift Magazine
- MA, Journalism, University of California at Berkeley
- Attended State University of New York at Buffalo
- Attended State University of New York at Purchase
- None found
- Quoted in: