- Secretariat for Pro-Life Activities in the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“In recent years there has been an effort to redefine Catholic institutions,… as non-Catholic or non-religious … Some of these laws use an American Civil Liberties Union definition of “religious employer” that transforms Catholic organizations into non-Catholic ones…. [suggesting] that Catholic schools and organizations are not Catholic if they serve non-Catholics betrays a total ignorance of Catholic social teaching…
Allowing the ACLU to redefine “Catholic” is beyond the pale. If we allow this to happen, all of us—Catholic and non-Catholic alike—will lose.”
Feb. 15, 2002
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Public policy analyst
- Secretariat for Pro-Life Activities, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- JD, School unknown
- None found
- Quoted in: