- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“… [T]he ACLU’s biggest problem is not its failure to live up to outsiders’ standards. It sometimes violates its own traditions and principles in a radical way. This is especially true of its long and relentless campaign against the right to life of unborn children… The defender of free speech helps ensure that millions of human beings will never have a chance to speak–or to exercise freedom of religion, freedom of the press, the right of assembly, and the right to petition the government for redress of grievances.”
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Professional writer
- Public Speaker, Feminists for Life, Furman University, Georgetown University, Grinnell College, Loyola University of Chicago, Pennsylvanians for Human Life, Rally at State Capitol, Madison, Rhode Island Pro-Life Conference, Right to Life of Michigan, Scholars for Social Justice, Stanford University, United for Life of Northern California, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, University of Michigan, Williams College
- Activist, anti-abortion, anti-death penalty
- Involved in anti-war campaigns of the late Senator Eugene McCarthy
- BA, History, Trinity University
- None found
- Quoted in: