- Director of the Center for Civic Engagement
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“[T]he Congress, in response to its constituents and the concerns of parents, passed the Communications Decency Act (CDA) to protect children from pornography on the Internet. In keeping with its public position of favoring the rights of pornographers, the ACLU immediately filed a lawsuit in federal court arguing the CDA was ‘unconstitutional’ in that it violated ‘free speech,’ i.e., pornography.”
Zavaletta in Early America Review, 1998
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director for the University of Texas at Brownsville/Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC) Center for Civic Engagement
- Professor of Business Law, University of Texas at Brownsville
- Former trial lawyer
- JD, Regent University, Virginia Beach
- MA, Regent University, Virginia Beach
- BS, University of Texas at Austin
- None found
- Quoted in: