- Fellow at the Manhattan Institute
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“But however contemptible the ACLU’s hypocrisy, it pales in comparison to its position on terrorism…. In the ACLU’s worldview, it is the administration, not the 9/11 attacks, that has ‘created a climate of fear’ nationally. Al Qaeda? Never heard of it…..
Such fantasies make for great fundraising pitches. The ACLU has been raking in the dough — and not just from payroll deductions — since 9/11.”
National Review, Aug. 4, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- John M. Olin Fellow, Manhattan Institute
- Contributing Editor, City Journal
- Appointed to Mayor Giuliani’s task force on the City University of New York, 1998
- Former Attorney-Advisor, Office of the General Counsel of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Former Law Clerk, Honorable Stephen Reinhardt, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Volunteer, National Resource Defense Fund, New York City
- JD, Stanford University Law School
- MA, English, Mellon Fellowship, Cambridge University
- BA, English, Yale University
- Frequent guest on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and other television and radio programs
- Quoted in: