- US Congressman (R-OK)
- None Found to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
No position found as of Jan. 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member of the House Appropriations Committee; chairman of the Transportation and Treasury Appropriations Subcommittee; appointed to the Select Committee on Homeland Security, 1993-present
- Elected to Congress, 1992
- Served the Oklahoma State Legislature, 1986-1992
- City Councilman, Oklahoma City suburb of Warr Acres and sat on board of the Oklahoma City/County Library system, 1982-1986
- Director of Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and Assistant Legal Counsel to Governor Boren, 1977-1978
- JD, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 1976
- BA, Journalism, Baylor University, 1971
- Married, 5 children, 4 grandchildren
- Quoted in: