- Pro to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“EFF and ACLU have frequently worked together and I am pleased that the two organizations have agreed to strengthen that bond with a number of cooperative projects.”
EFF, Oct. 26, 1998
“EFF is the leading civil liberties group defending your rights in the digital world.”
“Homepage,” EFF website (accessed Oct. 31, 2007)
“When our freedoms in the networked world come under attack, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is the first line of defense. EFF broke new ground when it was founded in 1990 — well before the Internet was on most people’s radar — and continues to confront cutting-edge issues defending free speech, privacy, innovation, and consumer rights today. From the beginning, EFF has championed the public interest in every critical battle affecting digital rights.”
“About Us,” EFF website (accessed Oct. 31, 2007)
- 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Quoted in:
- Does the PATRIOT Act Provide the Government with Excessive Power to Conduct Searches, Surveillances and Wiretaps of US Citizens?
- Should the USA PATRIOT Act Have Been Made Law?
- Does Regulating Access to Pornographic Content on the Internet to Protect Minors Infringe on the First Amendment Rights of Adults?