- Executive Director of the ACLU of Arizona
- Pro to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“I do think there is a lot of misinformation out there that the ACLU is out of the mainstream, that we’re a radical left wing group. We’re an organization that’s been around for 86 years. We’re essentially a conservative organization. We defend the fundamental principles that are outlined in the Constitution and we do so for everyone regardless of their political inclinations, their sexual orientation, their national origins, and so I think because of that we tackle very unpopular causes. We represent people who espouse racist beliefs, people who have committed heinous crimes. We can’t really pick and choose who our clients are.”
Arizona Capitol Times, Dec. 12, 2006
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Executive Director, ACLU of Arizona, 2006-Present
- Communications Director, ACLU of Florida, 2000-2006
- ACLU of Louisiana, 1999-2000
- Former reporter, The Miami Herald
- Former reporter, Roanoke Times
- BS, Journalism, University of Florida, 1996
- Quoted in: