- President, CEO, and General Counsel of the Alliance Defense Fund
- Con to the question "Is the ACLU Good for America?"
“The ACLU couches its aggressive activities…as a noble struggle for ‘reproductive freedom.’ But it’s hard to classify any freedom as ‘reproductive’ that despises unborn children and endorses their savage destruction up to the moment when all but their skull has emerged from the womb. Indeed, it’s hard to credit as ‘freedom’ a movement so single-minded in its determination to silence, even punish, so many expressions of alternative viewpoints.
…How can any organization be so vocally committed to happiness and ‘freedom’ but yet be so deeply opposed to recognizing the infinite value of – and the right to – life itself?”
WorldNetDaily.com, Oct. 13, 2005
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with PhDs and JDs or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to the ACLU. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the ACLU.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- President, CEO and General Counsel, Alliance Defense Fund, 1993-present
- Former Director, Commission on Pornography, United States Department of Justice (USDOJ), under Attorney General Ed Meese III
- Former Assistant United States Attorney and Chief of Criminal Section, USDOJ, under Attorney General William French Smith
- Former Associate Solicitor, Department of Interior under Secretary Donald Hodel
- JD, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law
- Attended the University of Kentucky
- Quoted in: